Teeth Whitening in Toronto
Are your teeth yellow and lacklustre? Our Toronto dentists can help. Cosmetic teeth whitening may be the perfect solution to help restore teeth that have been stained by eating and drinking certain foods like coffee, wine and tea.
What Causes Tooth Discolouration?
We know that yellow and discoloured teeth can negatively impact your self-confidence. Understanding the causes of tooth discolouration can help you stay in the know about what it takes to prevent yellowing and to ensure the longevity of your bright smile.
The following are some of the most common causes of tooth discolouration.
- Certain foods and drinks – i.e. coffee, tea, wine, and sugary drinks
- Poor dental hygiene
- Certain medications
- Disease – severe diseases can affect the outer enamel of your teeth
Types of Teeth Whitening in Toronto
If you are interested in obtaining a brighter smile through teeth whitening, Uptowne Dental Centre is here to help you! Our dentists will recommend the type of whitening that is the best option for your particular situation. The type of whitening that is recommended by your dentist is generally dependant on the severity and the type of staining that your teeth have.
The following are some of the types of whitening procedures that your dentist might recommend to you:
- A professional cleaning by your dentist or hygienist
- A whitening toothpaste
- An at-home whitening gel or strips
- In-office or at home bleaching
- Veneers or bonding for severe damage and discolouration